Assistant professor (tenure track), University of Groningen (NL), within the Johann Bernoulli Institute for Math and CS.
Part-time appointment at Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), within the Formal Methods group.
Integrated member of NOVA LINCS: NOVA Laboratory for Computer Science and Informatics.
Previously I worked as a postdoc in Lisbon (with Luís Caires) and as a PhD Student in Bologna (with Davide Sangiorgi) [See CV]
Projects and Groups
SuCCeSS (Security, Adaptability and time in Communication Centric Software Systems
AVISPA (Univ. Javeriana, Colombia)
BETTY (Behavioral Types for Reliable Large-Scale Software Systems) EU COST Action IC1201 (2012-2016) - Management Committee member
Organizations & Editorial Activity
Events (Upcoming, Recent and Past)
OPCT'17 IFIP WG1.8 Workshop on Open Problems in Concurrency Theory (Invited participant)
LSFA'17 12th Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications (PC member)
SOAP'17 32nd ACM/SIGAPP Symp. On Applied Computing (SAC 2017)/ Track: Service-Oriented Architectures and Programming (PC member)
Dagstuhl 17051 Theory and Applications of Behavioural Types (Invited participant)
IPA Fall Days 2016 (IPA Fall Days on Communication, Safety and Privacy in IoT - Invited Speaker)
FM'16 (21st Symposium on Formal Methods - Tutorial speaker)
EXPRESS/SOS'16 (23rd International Workshop on Expressiveness in Concurrency / 13th Workshop on Structural Operational Semantics - PC member)
ICALP'16 (43rd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming / Track B - PC member)
ICE'16 (9th Interaction and Concurrency Experience - PC member)
PrePost (First International Workshop on PrE- and POst-DEployment VErification TEchniques - PC member)
SOAP'16 (31st ACM/SIGAPP Symp. On Applied Computing (SAC 2016)/ Track: Service-Oriented Architectures and Programming - PC member)
ICTAC'15 (12th International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing - Cali, Colombia - PC member) [Poster]
WS-FM'14 (11th International Workshop on Web Services and Formal Methods, co-located with BPM'14 - paper presentation)
BEAT'14 (3rd Workshop in Behavioral Types, co-located with CONCUR'14 - PC member / paper presentation)
CLEI'14 (40th Latin-American Conference on Informatics / Theory of Computation symposium - PC member)
BETTY SS (BETTY Summer School on Behavioral Types - participant)
OPCT'14 (Open Problems in Concurrency Theory - speaker)
HLF 2013 (1st Heidelberg Laureate Forum - selected participant)
CLEI'13 (39th Latin-American Conference on Informatics / Theory of Computation symposium - PC member)
- 27/08/2016 - Two short communications (including one on reactive implementations of sessions) accepted for presentation at ICTCS 2016.
- 27/06/2016 - Together with Hu and Yoshida, I will deliver a tutorial on session types at FM 2016, the 21st Symposium on Formal Methods.
- 14/06/2016 - Will be visiting Sophia-Antipolis. I will give a seminar on Multiparty Session Types Within A Canonical Binary Theory, and Beyond.
- 23/05/2016 - Will be visiting Glasgow. I will give a FATA Seminar on The Challenge of Typed Expressiveness.
- 26/04/2016 - Two papers at FORTE'16 and three new journal papers at Formal Aspects of Computing (on adaptation/security for behavioral types).
- 10/01/2016 - I edit the conference report section in ACM SIGLOG News. The first installment is out; do contact me if you'd like to contribute a report.
- 09/01/2016 - I will give a talk on "Expressiveness in Concurrency" at CWI (Amsterdam Coordination Group).
- 21/12/2015 - New paper on Expressiveness of Higher-Order Session Processes (with Kouzapas and Yoshida) accepted at ESOP'16.
- 23/10/2015 - I have been awarded the BKO (Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs), the Dutch University Teaching Qualification.
- 24/07/2015 - New papers in EXPRESS/SOS: one concerns deadlock-free session processes, the other is about compensable and adaptable processes.
- 15/06/2015 - New paper on Behavioral Equivalences for Higher-Order Session Processes (with Kouzapas and Yoshida) accepted at CONCUR'15.
- 10/06/2015 - New paper on Declarative Interpretations of Sessions (with Cano, Lopez, and Rueda) accepted at PPDP'15.
- 22/05/2015 - Will visit University of Brasilia (Theory of Computation group) for a week next July.
- 30/04/2015 - Will give invited talks at departmental seminars in Novi Sad (RS) and IMT Lucca (IT) on adaptable processes.
- 21/01/2015 - New paper on Expressiveness of Higher-Order Processes (with Kouzapas and Yoshida).
- 11/11/2014 - Gave an invited talk at the Computer Science Seminar, University of Leicester (UK).
- 02/10/2014 - Gave a talk on our recent I&C paper and this draft at the Formal Systems Analysis group at TU/Eindhoven.
- 29/07/2014 - Journal paper on Logical Relations and Behavioral Equivalences for Sessions accepted at Information and Computation.
- 16/07/2014 - Two papers on multiparty communications (one on self-adaptation, one on dynamic role authorization) accepted at BEAT'14.
- 10/07/2014 - New paper on Event-Based Runtime Adaptation for Session Communication accepted at WS-FM 2014.
- 18/06/2014 - Gave a talk on "Bridging the Gap between Binary and Multiparty Communications" at OPCT'14.
Click here for older news