Assistant Professor in Computer Science
Assistant professor (tenure track), University of Groningen (NL) - Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science.
Integrated member of NOVA LINCS: NOVA Laboratory for Computer Science and Informatics.
Previously I worked as a postdoc in Lisbon (with Luís Caires) and as a PhD Student in Bologna (with Davide Sangiorgi) [See CV]
Recent Papers [See full details under Publications]
Events (Upcoming, Recent and Past)
IPA Fall Days 2017 (IPA Fall Days on Communication, Safety and Privacy in IoT - Invited Speaker)
LSFA'17 (12th Workshop on Logical and Semantic Frameworks, with Applications - PC member)
Dagstuhl 17051 (Theory and Applications of Behavioural Types - Invited participant)
SOAP'17 (32st ACM/SIGAPP Symp. On Applied Computing (SAC 2017)/ Track: Service-Oriented Architectures and Programming - PC member)
EXPRESS/SOS'16 (23rd International Workshop on Expressiveness in Concurrency / 13th Workshop on Structural Operational Semantics - PC member)
ICALP'16 (43rd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming / Track B - PC member)
ICE'16 (9th Interaction and Concurrency Experience - PC member)
PrePost (First International Workshop on PrE- and POst-DEployment VErification TEchniques - PC member)
SOAP'16 (31st ACM/SIGAPP Symp. On Applied Computing (SAC 2016)/ Track: Service-Oriented Architectures and Programming - PC member)
ICTAC'15 (12th International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing - Cali, Colombia - PC member) [Poster]
WS-FM'14 (11th International Workshop on Web Services and Formal Methods, co-located with BPM'14 - paper presentation)
BEAT'14 (3rd Workshop in Behavioral Types, co-located with CONCUR'14 - PC member / paper presentation)
CLEI'14 (40th Latin-American Conference on Informatics / Theory of Computation symposium - PC member)
BETTY SS (BETTY Summer School on Behavioral Types - participant)
OPCT'14 (Open Problems in Concurrency Theory - speaker)
HLF 2013 (1st Heidelberg Laureate Forum - selected participant)
CLEI'13 (39th Latin-American Conference on Informatics / Theory of Computation symposium - PC member)
Projects and Groups
SuCCeSS (Security, Adaptability and time in Communication Centric Software SystemsBETTY (Behavioral Types for Reliable Large-Scale Software Systems) EU COST Action IC1201 (2012-2016) - Management Committee member
ARVI (Runtime Verification Beyond Monitoring) EU COST Action IC1402 (2014-2018) - Management Committee member
AVISPA (Univ. Javeriana, Colombia)
- 27/08/2016 - Two short communications (including one on reactive implementations of sessions) accepted for presentation at ICTCS 2016.
- 27/06/2016 - Together with Hu and Yoshida, I will deliver a tutorial on session types at FM 2016, the 21st Symposium on Formal Methods.
- 14/06/2016 - Will be visiting Sophia-Antipolis. I will give a seminar on Multiparty Session Types Within A Canonical Binary Theory, and Beyond.
- 23/05/2016 - Will be visiting Glasgow. I will give a FATA Seminar on The Challenge of Typed Expressiveness.
- 26/04/2016 - Two papers at FORTE'16 and three new journal papers at Formal Aspects of Computing (on adaptation/security for behavioral types).
- 10/01/2016 - I edit the conference report section in ACM SIGLOG News. The first installment is out; do contact me if you'd like to contribute a report.
- 09/01/2016 - I will give a talk on "Expressiveness in Concurrency" at CWI (Amsterdam Coordination Group).
- 21/12/2015 - New paper on Expressiveness of Higher-Order Session Processes (with Kouzapas and Yoshida) accepted at ESOP'16.
- 23/10/2015 - I have been awarded the BKO (Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs), the Dutch University Teaching Qualification.
- 24/07/2015 - New papers in EXPRESS/SOS: one concerns deadlock-free session processes, the other is about compensable and adaptable processes.
- 15/06/2015 - New paper on Behavioral Equivalences for Higher-Order Session Processes (with Kouzapas and Yoshida) accepted at CONCUR'15.
- 10/06/2015 - New paper on Declarative Interpretations of Sessions (with Cano, Lopez, and Rueda) accepted at PPDP'15.
- 22/05/2015 - Will visit University of Brasilia (Theory of Computation group) for a week next July.
- 30/04/2015 - Will give invited talks at departmental seminars in Novi Sad (RS) and IMT Lucca (IT) on adaptable processes.
- 21/01/2015 - New paper on Expressiveness of Higher-Order Processes (with Kouzapas and Yoshida).
- 11/11/2014 - Gave an invited talk at the Computer Science Seminar, University of Leicester (UK).
- 02/10/2014 - Gave a talk on our recent I&C paper and this draft at the Formal Systems Analysis group at TU/Eindhoven.
- 29/07/2014 - Journal paper on Logical Relations and Behavioral Equivalences for Sessions accepted at Information and Computation.
- 16/07/2014 - Two papers on multiparty communications (one on self-adaptation, one on dynamic role authorization) accepted at BEAT'14.
- 10/07/2014 - New paper on Event-Based Runtime Adaptation for Session Communication accepted at WS-FM 2014.
- 18/06/2014 - Gave a talk on "Bridging the Gap between Binary and Multiparty Communications" at OPCT'14.
Click here for older news